AVG AntiVirus for Mac OS
We’re pleased to announce that AVG AntiVirus for Mac OS is open for beta testing. This first beta version brings the always-on resident shield and on-demand drag-and-drop scanning features which are able to detect Mac, PC and Android™ threats.
AVG Nation Search and Toolbar configuration
If you want to completely remove the AVG Nation search homepage and the associated browser changes, please follow the How to uninstall AVG Nation search, homepage and toolbar from your browser article where you can find detailed instructions.
How to activate AVG
Core AVG products such as AVG AntiVirus and AVG PC TuneUp need to be activated with a license number. There are few common mistakes which may prevent products being registered successfully. Below we’ve provided a few simple tips on how to activate your AVG smoothly and without any complications.
- Download the latest version of AVG product you’ve purchased.
- Make sure you have the latest and complete license number. You can find it in your mailbox or inside the box with installation disc. Go to http://www.avg.com/lost if you can’t find it or not sure.
- Copy&Paste your license from your mailbox or transcribe it carefully from the box.
- Make sure there are no spaces or other characters before or after the license number.
- Click Activate to start enjoying your AVG.
More detailed instructions can be found in following articles:
“SYSENTER hook <unknown>” detected
Some AVG users reported that AVG is detecting “SYSENTER hook <unknown>” after upgrading to AVG 2014. Developers confirmed that this is false detection in most cases and have already prepared a fix which is going to be released in an upcoming update (AVG 2014.0.4256 or higher).
AVG Family Safety for Windows 8
We would like to inform you that AVG Family Safety is unfortunately not compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Please make sure you have compatible operating system before purchasing it or contact AVG Customer Care for more details.
If you have any questions about any of these issues or need help resolving them, please contact AVG Customer Care experts.
November 19, 2013