AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO – April 22, 2015 - AVG® Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the online security company™ for 200 million active users, today announced the immediate availability of the most comprehensive version of AVG Business Managed Workplace, AVG’s fully integrated, open ecosystem remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform.
Featuring Secure Sign-On and Backup and Disaster Recovery extensions and including seamless Microsoft365 and VMware integration, AVG Business Managed Workplace makes it easy for partners to deploy and administer remote IT management services to their business customers. Released in key markets worldwide, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Nordics, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and it is also localized for partners in Austria, Germany and Switzerland through AVG’s new regional offices.
AVG Business Managed Workplace Version 9.1 delivers an enriched social media-style user interface that streamlines workflows to simplify the lives of IT providers, Managed Service Providers and their small-to-medium sized business customers. The integration of remote mobile security through AVG Secure Sign-On and the Backup and Disaster Recovery management capabilities enable new site on-boarding in fifteen minutes or less*. Dedicated, global customer service and technical support is available to all partners, with a value-add two-tier premium Network Operations Center support service offering 24x7 response and remediation available for additional support in English speaking markets.
“We chose AVG Business Managed Workplace as our remote monitoring platform for its simple single screen user interface and the fact that it was very easy to deploy. This allows our staff to proactively respond to our customer needs as well improving productivity. AVG Business is providing us a great service with comprehensive training and local support that we need and ensures that we get real value from their technical support services,” said Roger Lundström, CTO Protelosolutions AB.
Among the key benefits provided to partners by the latest enhancements are:
- Faster, easier navigation and monitoring – Enhanced, intuitive new user interface** enables fast, simple navigation. The display of important customer systems information at-a-glance, sleek design and optimized workflows deliver an improved user experience allowing partners to not waste any time in training.
- Simple security deployment for cloud and mobile applications – An intuitive, guided process simplifies deployment and enables actionable information to be delivered directly to the central dashboard for ease of administration.
- Secure Sign-On – Single sign-on, cloud identity, identity management and multi-factor authentication come together in a system that solves the Bring-Your-Own-Device challenge by tackling small business IT concerns around employees using a ‘real world’ mix of personal and company-issued devices to do business both inside and outside the four walls of the office. Availability with Active Directory and multi-factor authentication makes deployment straightforward and provides extra security measures.
- Ready available BDR services integration – Full BDR integration lets partners build new recurring revenue streams via premium data protection services for customers, including server backup, endpoint backup, data archive, file sharing and disaster recovery to any on-premise, hosted cloud or in-house datacentre location.
- Industry-leading Premium Network Operations Center (NOC) services – A new two-tier premium NOC services option enables skilled IT resources to be extended to 24x7 response without hiring additional headcount.
- Richer connectivity experience with leading industry applications – Open ecosystem approach makes it easier than ever to seamlessly manage popular applications such as Microsoft Office 365 and VMware as well as leading connectivity tools like ScreenConnect, TeamViewer and LogMeIn Pro.
“Success for us is making it easy for our partners to move to AVG Business Managed Workplace because we know that success for them is being able to deploy and administer IT services easily and flexibly to their business customers. Our centralized approach through a ‘single pane of glass’ user interface integrates the core AVG functionality with industry-standard solutions including Microsoft365 and VMware for maximum productivity. This lets partners see all the information they need to make the best informed decision for their business,” said Mike Foreman, General Manager, AVG Business. “Being able to deliver the platform in local language to partners in Germany and Switzerland is a significant milestone in the growth of AVG Business and testament to the partner demand we are seeing in new markets.”
* Based on AVG internal tests
** Images in English language and German language available here: http://now.avg.com/avg-managed-workplace-9-1-press-kit/
April 22, 2015 by AVG PR